Sunday 5 January 2014

starting 2014

The other day my friend Amber and I went to Brick Lane to photograph for a Street Style on our new blog Cryptic Arabella. Go over to Cryptic Arabella to check out all the pictures we took. Here are a couple of my favourites -








Not included in the street style, Amber and I did photograph our owns outfits -

y so serius?



Beanie - WCD
Polo neck - Mero Retro (post coming on this fabulous place)
Coat - Mero Retro
Jeans - Levi
Shoes - Dr Martens
Rings - my grandma or a market in Marrakech (sorry)


Jumper - Motel Rocks
Skirt - Rokit
Bag - Rokit
Shoes - Vagabond




Since coming home from Marrakech, where I spent Christmas (post coming soon), I have not really been doing much. And I have to say it really has been lovely. I am dreading school, so not doing anything too strenuous has been perfect. I did however go to watch my brother play tennis in a tournament as well as trying some herbal teas; two very unrelated matters. 




I love a good hot drink. However, I am slightly allergic to caffeine, so permitting I like any of them, herbal tea would be a perfect alternative. (I don't like drinking things that have had caffeine extracted from them as you do not know what chemicals they used to do that.) The only herbal tea I have tried to far is the M&S Cranberry and Elderflower infusion. The smell was extremely strong and fruity but the taste was not as strong. It was ok and I would drink it again but I think it's going to take some getting use to. 




I also went round to my Grandma's house for tea and went through all of her old jewellery. I found some beautiful pieces that she said I could have, I will photograph them at a later date (a couple of them are at the jewellers).


Some disposables I got developed recently -



          








Penultimately, yes I am aware this is a long post, within the last week I went to the cinema to see Anchorman 2 and All Is Lost. I really enjoyed both. Anchorman was of course hysterical, although like most sequels it was not quite as good as the first (High school Musical being an exception to this rule of course). I laughed out loud, which I never do, as did most of the people in the cinema. Brick is my spirit animal. All Is Lost was very interesting to see. Beautifully shot with a lovely use of light; I am definitely going to look in more deeply at how they shot everything. I was very impressed with Robert Redford, I thought he was very good. If you are perceptible to phobias or fears I would not suggest it as the sea does now slightly freak me out.





Finally, Polyvore. I have been slightly stressed this year, the whole five days, due to the amount of work I haven't touched, and strangely enough I have discovered that Polyvore slightly calms me. Bizarre I know, so I'm not going to touch upon the subject any further.


untitled #1

If you read to the end snaps for you. Happy New Year!

30 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! I discovered your new blog through Cryptic Arabella after you left a little comment on mine. I have followed them all and can't wait for your posts! Love your outfit and the disposable pics! What camera did you use? Keep up the good work.

    www.stylepostcode.blogspot.co.uk :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! The street style pictures and my outfit pictures were taken with a Canon eos 400D slr and all other photos were taken on a Canon S100 xx

      Delete
  2. Aww thank you so much! Just followed back x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! Both of your outfits are great and I love all the street style - have seem it on Cryptic Arabella before this too! This was such a great post xoxo

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much! thank you for check outfit Cryptic Arabella xx

      Delete
  4. loving the outfits, you have great eyes for style! you look lovely too. thanks for following, followed back.

    looking forward hearing about your trip to marrakech, i love travel posts!

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that last collection of items! the tote bag and that black turtle neck is so cute!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. will definetly check out the new blog! great photos! tea and tennis are amazing .

    http://styleriottt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pictures you took! Like really. I also loved both of your outfits sooo much:)

    check out my blog?
    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, you took amazing photos <3 And I love this polo neck, it's so lovely <3

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy fab photos here! Trés cool, these street style pics! How nice of you to stop by btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. Check out my blog for more details !
    2-3oftheway.blogspot.co.uk
    Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you! i'll follow you back x

    ReplyDelete