Friday 21 August 2015

hvar

This post is extremely long overdue. I'm currently sitting in a hotel lobby in Boston. Tomorrow I get to move in to my uni room and I have so many blog posts in my drafts I think it's time to blitz through them all. So here goes.

At the end of July my school friends and I spent a week in the Croatian island Hvar. As I have made a habit of this summer, of course I vlogged snippets of the trip and here is the video diary of the holiday I produced -



We were in Hvar for a week and I have never visited anywhere so hot in my life. Our suffering in the heat was not helped by a lack of air con in our hotel and the only for of a cooling system being some rather worse for wear fans. Luckily we did survive.




Evening the evenings were boiling, the only time I would say I was not hot was when we stayed on the beach for the evening; and I was certainly not at all cold.



Joe ended his interrailing trip with his friends in Hvar and our time on the island crossed over by two days.

We were lucky enough to rent a boat together and spend the day driving around, dipping in and out of the sea and soaking up the sun. We did have a few incidents with the boat but I think that's a story for another time...










Almost everyday we reserved beds at a beach club called Hula Hula. The surroundings were absolutely stunning and did make the 'long' walk worth it.
















Being in Hvar we felt we had to experience Carpe Diem, a club on an island. I won't go in to too much detail as I feel the pictures speak for themselves. For me, the best part of the night was belting classic sing a long songs on the boat to and from the island.








This ^ picture of Saskia sums up the whole holiday - sweaty.









On our last day we rented a boat and went to the blue and green caves. Both were absolutely stunning, with the blue cave being silent and extremely relaxing.






The trip was so much fun but would have been nothing without the company I kept, big kisses to any of my girls reading this.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a really fun trip!

    WonderGoth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this looks like such a fun time!! I'm from croatia, so it's always cool to see people visiting! I'm glad you liked Hvar, definitely one of the best parts, though Dubrovnik will always hold my heart ;)

    (っ♥︎◡♥︎)っ sonjatitanic

    ReplyDelete