Tuesday 3 May 2016

Lazy College Student Skincare Tips

I would love to say that I cleanse, tone and moisturise every evening and wet my face in the morning then pat dry and bla bla bla, but unfortunately that would be a lie. 

College is busy.

Skincare is important.

But college is busy. 


These tips will most definitely not be approved by skincare experts and your dermatologist, but they are approved by me as I use them everyday. 

Here are some tips and tricks for keeping your skin (as) healthy (as possible) with the crazy schedule of a college student. 




Tip 1 - keep your face clean.

This should go without saying, but wash your face in the morning - be that with water or a cleanser, I personally go for the classic H2O. And do the same in the evening.

Another way to keep your face clean, which is so so important and so many people are unaware of, is to keep your hands off your face. I used to rest my face of my hand in class or when I was studying or whatever, and I would get spots on my cheek. I hate to point it out, but your hands are dirty! I stopped doing this and I noticed a difference immediately. 




Tip 2 - face wipes

Your average make up wearing college student does not have time for make up remover. I am one of those college students, and therefore face wipes are my best friend. I personally love Simple face wipes but of course any will do.


Face wipes are also good for cleansing your face at the end of the day, even if you had a make upless day.

They're easy, they're compact, they're amazing. 




Tip 3 - moisturise.

Firstly, do not over moisturise. I have very oily skin, if I moisturise too much I am doing nothing but harm to my skin, despite my moisturiser being oil free.

Personally, I moisturise once a day. Usually in the morning before putting make up on so my make up goes on smoothly.

Perhaps if you have dry skin you want to moisturise twice a day, but do be aware that it isn't necessarily great to do this. Perhaps only put the cream on your problem area, or... if you have the time... (see below)




Tip 4 - facemasks

... do a facemask!

Doing a facemask once a week can make life sublime... Ok maybe not but it really does make a difference. Earlier in the semester, when things weren't craaaazy, I was in the routine of doing a facemask every week after the gym (a place I have now not ventured in a long while) and my skin was flawless. I am writing this during finals week and unfortunately I cannot stay the same, but I am so excited for summer and to get back to be smooth on the cheeks... The face cheeks!!

All of my skincare of Origins, so of course my favourite facemasks are from Origins... Predictable? Get over it. 






Tip 5 - exfoliator.


The weather has such a harsh effect on my skin, and with the weather in Boston being so temperamental my skin cannot hack it. But exfoliator is helping the hacking!

I loooove Origins modern friction exfoliator, it's great for the face as well as the body. It isn't too harsh but it definitely does the job. If you use the product dry, as with any exfoliator, it'll be harsher on the skin and get rid of serious dry skin. 




I've been wanting to talk about skincare and beauty products more on my blog, so here is the first of many! I hope you guys enjoyed this bizarre compilation of what I do to my face throughout the semester, maybe it'll help someone...?



PS. I wanted to add more pictures to this post but alas... I'm currently in New York, getting settled to start my internship next week. I'm all over the place, I'm stressed and nothing has even begun. Please forgive this textheavyness but you know it is usually the other way.

<3 

4 comments:

  1. I really need to up my evening skin care routine but lazy student-ness overtakes me almost everytime. A simple evening face wash in water totally sounds like something I can add though. I'm ready to give this a whirl!

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's so difficult to get into it. Definitely!

      Delete
  2. I love love love face-masks and exfoliate products!!!! Great post lovely!
    Jade xo

    ReplyDelete